At Ward Jackson, Science stimulates pupils’ curiosity about the world around them. Science teaching helps children to develop enquiring minds and equips them with key skills so that they are increasingly able to research answers to their own questions.
Our Science curriculum is based fundamentally on the principles that Science is good when it:
- Is relevant and related to real life, current topics of interest, and means something to us
- Allows us to ask lots of questions and develop our vocabulary
- Lets us investigate and explore in a practical, hands-on and experimental way
- Challenges our understanding and encourages us to think about our scientific ideas
- Encourages us to apply our knowledge, skills, and understanding at home and at school
- Gives us opportunities to work with others
- Enables us to use appropriate, high-quality resources
We are a STEM Ambassador School and launched the 1st ever STEAM Day in theNorth-East in collaboration with Hartlepool College for Further Education.