Welcome to Aurora Class
Class Teacher - Mr Barker-Platt
Support Staff - Mrs Hatcher
PE Day - Tuesday. On this day children should come to school already wearing their PE clothes and dressed appropriately for the weather.
Welcome to Aurora Class (Y5)!
Our current curriculum topic is, 'Off with her Head!' Check out our half-term topic web below to see what the children will be learning about through the coming weeks.
We have been using a range of non-fiction sources, including the internet to research and gather as much information as possible on Henry VIII. We then looked at the use of pronouns and adverbials of time and included them in our mini-biographies. Once we had completed these biographies we used our animation skills to bring old portraits of Henry to life! Check them out below...
Below, you will find a range of resources to help support parents/carers and children at this time.
PurpleMash - https://www.purplemash.com/sch/ward-ts24
This is our number one tool for completion of Home Learning. There are a range of activities, tools and resources that apply to the whole school curriculum. Children are confident when using this resource and have also been sent their log-in details for ease of access.
Seesaw - https://app.seesaw.me/#/login
Children have been sent secure individual log in details and are all very familiar with the use of this online tool. Where possible, children should access this regularly to check for updates from their teachers through announcements and activities that may be set (This is to be the primary means of communication for KS2 children and their teachers).
Times Tables Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/32965
Big Maths - https://app.bigmaths.com/login (School Code - 0610)
White Rose Hubs - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
Classroom Secrets Kids - https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/my-account/ (Requires FREE secure registration)
Top Marks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Literacy Shed - https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
Pobble - http://www.pobble365.com/
Accelerated Reader - https://ukhosted93.renlearn.co.uk/1953092/ (Children have taken books home and will be able to quiz)
Well-being & Keeping Active
Joe Wicks (#PEwithJoe) - PE Lessons Daily https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
GoNoodle - https://family.gonoodle.com/
Premier League Primary Stars - https://plprimarystars.com/
Newsround - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
Tips and Tricks for Successful Home Learning
- Create a timetable to include a balance of education and play (Think about yourself as well as your child).
- Include the children in daily routines such as being responsible for jobs around the house.
- Try to make use the time by teaching life skills to your children, such as gardening or cooking.
- Make the most of outdoor spaces such as the beach, parks and woodlands.
- Why not try a new hobby or skill with your children? YouTube is a great resource to help beginners master a new skill.
- It is important to limit screen time and have a clear balance between learning, playing and relaxing.
- Remember, it is important to spend time with your family, why not try movie night or blow the dust off an old board game?
- Be open and honest with your children about the Covid-19 (Corona Virus) as they will be exposed to media and will try to make sense of it for themselves. Having these discussions, will help to relieve anxiety and build trust. Newsround is excellent at explaining the latest facts in a child friendly way.