Welcome to Sepia class
On this page you will be able to find out about the fun and exciting activities the children have been up to in class. You can also find some important information.
Class Teacher - Mr Kentfield-Wells
Support Staff - Miss Graham
Below, you will find a range of resources to help support parents/carers and children at this time.
SeeSaw - https://app.seesaw.me/#/login
Children have been sent secure individual log in details and are all very familiar with the use of this online tool. Where possible, children should access this regularly to check for updates from their teachers through announcements and activities that may be set (This is to be the primary means of communication for KS2 children and their teachers).
PurpleMash - https://www.purplemash.com/sch/ward-ts24
There are a range of activities, tools and resources that apply to the whole school curriculum. Children are confident when using this resource and have also been sent their log-in details for ease of access.
Various resources available to parents to help support home learning. (This will require FREE registration).
Times Tables Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/32965
Big Maths - https://app.bigmaths.com/login (School Code - 0610)
White Rose Hubs - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
Classroom Secrets Kids - https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/my-account/ (Requires FREE secure registration)
Top Marks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Literacy Shed - https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
Pobble - http://www.pobble365.com/
Accelerated Reader - https://ukhosted93.renlearn.co.uk/1953092/ (Children have taken books home and will be able to quiz)
Well-being & Keeping Active
Joe Wicks (#PEwithJoe) - PE Lessons Daily https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
GoNoodle - https://family.gonoodle.com/
Premier League Primary Stars - https://plprimarystars.com/
Newsround - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
Tips and Tricks for Successful Home Learning
- Create a timetable to include a balance of education and play (Think about yourself as well as your child).
- Include the children in daily routines such as being responsible for jobs around the house.
- Try to make use the time by teaching life skills to your children, such as gardening or cooking.
- Make the most of outdoor spaces such as the beach, parks and woodlands.
- Why not try a new hobby or skill with your children? YouTube is a great resource to help beginners master a new skill.
- It is important to limit screen time and have a clear balance between learning, playing and relaxing.
- Remember, it is important to spend time with your family, why not try movie night or blow the dust off an old board game?
- Be open and honest with your children about the Covid-19 (Corona Virus) as they will be exposed to media and will try to make sense of it for themselves. Having these discussions, will help to relieve anxiety and build trust. Newsround is excellent at explaining the latest facts in a child friendly way.