Welcome to Ward Jackson Tugboats Nursery
Nursery Teacher - Mrs Allen
Nursery Support - Miss James
Ward Jackson Early Years Offer
Times and Prices
We offer funded nursery places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds on a first come first served basis.
Some 2 years olds are eligible for 15 hours of Funded Nursery Entitlement.
Contact Kim Rowntree at the Hub on 01429 284284 if you think you may be eligible.
All 3 years olds are entitled to 15 hours of Funded Nursery Education from the term after their 3rd birthday.
Children of working parents/carers are entitled to apply for an additional 15 hours of funded childcare for 3 and 4 year olds.
If you think that you are eligible, you should apply at www.childcarechoices.gov.uk. See below for criteria.
In addition, parents can 'top-up' funded provision.
- Morning 8am - 1pm (5 hours)
- Afternoon 1pm - 5pm (4 hours)
- Full Day 8.00am – 5pm (9 hours)
- Morning - £30.00
- Afternoon - £24.00
- Full Day - £50.00
- Full Week - £240.00
- Hourly rate - £6.00
- Breakfast Club £6.00
- After School Club £10.00
- Lunch - £3.00
(All prices are correct at the time of publication and some fees are subject to a late booking charge. Fees should be paid in advance. We accept cash, cheque, work place vouchers and government vouchers as well as student finance)
The criteria for the additional 15 hours of funded childcare for working parents/carers of 3 and 4 year olds are presently;
Age of child
As with the existing 15 hours entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds, children become eligible for the additional 15 hours at the start of the school term after their third birthday.
Definition of working parents:
- Both parents must be in work, as defined below, and for single parent families, the sole parent must be in work.
- For the purposes of this scheme, 'in work’ is defined as being in employment (including self-employed) and earning more than the equivalent of the minimum wage for working 16 hours a week. As an example, the current minimum wage is £7.20 per hour for over 25s, so the minimum weekly income to be eligible would be £7.20 x 16 = £115.20.
- Each parent must also earn less than £100,000 per year.
- One parent must be 'in work' if the other receives disability benefit or benefits related to caring responsibilities (parental, maternity, paternity leave, adoption leave, or statutory sick pay)
Please note that this is a government initiative and Ward Jackson Cof E Primary School do not have any control over the qualifying criteria.